Sports Medicine Treatment in Burbank
At Allied Pain and Wellness of Burbank, our chiropractors pride themselves in being able to treat and correctly rehab sports injuries throughout the Burbank and surrounding areas. Dr. Shahen Simian will evaluate each individual specific to the injury, or area of concern, and customize a treatment plan that will best suit their needs.
Our chiropractor has helped powerlifters, crossfit athletes, and weightlifters compete at the highest level through functional and movement training. The last thing an athlete wants is to suffer an injury that could have been prevented. Chiropractic care can help increase the longevity of an athlete and help prevent serious injury.
What is Sports Medicine?
Sports medicine is a subset of medicine that focuses on injuries that take place during sports. A sports medicine doctor has a lot of training when it comes to physical medicine. This includes the alignment of the ligaments, tendons, and muscles. While there are many types of sports medicine providers, one option that everyone should consider is visiting a chiropractor for help with sports medicine injuries and conditions.
Conditions and Symptoms Treated by a Sports Medicine Doctor
If someone comes to see us for help with sports medicine and injuries, there are a few common conditions that we see. These include:
Ankle Sprain: An ankle sprain is one of the most common conditions we see at sports medicine in Burbank. This sprain often happens when someone rolls the ankle outward. This sprains some of the largest ligaments that connect the leg to the foot.
Groin Pull: A groin pull takes place when the muscles on the inside of the hip are overextended. This can lead to slight tears developing in these muscles. It can take a long time to recover from a groin injury; however, as sports medicine in Burbank providers, we can expedite this process.
Hamstring Strain: Finally, we also see a lot of hamstring injuries. The hamstrings are some of the largest muscles in the body. For this reason, they are also among the most vulnerable. The most common reason why people end up with a hamstring injury is that they don’t warm up properly. We can treat this injury and prevent it from coming back.
less common injuries but not limited to:
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Injuries
- Knee Injuries
- Football Injuries
- Cheerleading and Gymnastics Injuries
- Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow
- Hip Bursitis
- Rotator Cuff
- ACL Sprain
- Jumper’s Knee / Patellar Tendonitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Sprains and Strains
- Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain)
How Can a Doctor Treat Sports Injuries?
We have a number of tools at our disposal to help someone recover from a sports injury. Some of the tools that we will use include:
- Air Compression Therapy: We can use air compression therapy to help someone’s muscles relax. In this treatment method, we will inflate a small cuff around an injured body part. The pressure applied through this tool will help the muscles relax and heal.
- Chiropractic Care: Of course, we also provide chiropractic care. This care can include adjustments, manipulations, physical therapy, and more. We will design our chiropractic care to meet your individual needs.
- Kinesio Rock Tape: We are also proud to provide Kinesio tape, also known as k-tape. This treatment method is used to prevent future injuries from happening. K-tape can be used to lift layers of muscle and tissue up from the surface, making it easier for nerves, blood vessels, and nutrients to reach their final destinations.
Why Choose Team Allied Pain and Wellness
At Team Allied Pain and Wellness, we have been serving the local Burbank individuals and families for years. During this time, we have developed an outstanding reputation for providing exceptional care and compassion to everyone who comes to see us. As a sports medicine physician, we will work hard to advocate for your needs. If you are looking for sports medicine in Burbank, please contact us today at 818-688-2275 to make an appointment. We would be honored to take care of all of your healthcare needs.