Hip Bursitis Treatment in Burbank
Hip bursitis causes pain over the outside of the upper thigh and Treatment can be had right here in Burbank. The bursa is a fluid-filled sac that allows for an efficient, gliding motion between two surfaces. When this bursal sac becomes inflamed, it can’t perform as it was meant to causing pain. Our Chiropractor explains below his approach to Hip Bursitis, treatment, and symptoms.
Among the most common reasons why someone might come to see a hip pain doctor at Team Allied Pain and Wellness is pain. Specifically, hip pain is a serious issue in Burbank. Fortunately, with the help of a chiropractor in Burbank, there are options that can help people not only manage their hip pain but avoid the operating room.
Other Common Causes of Hip Pain
Sadly, hip pain is a common problem. When someone experiences hip pain, there are a variety of symptoms that might appear. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Trouble finding a comfortable position while sleeping at night
- Issues with mobility and flexibility
- Trouble taking the stairs, walking, and running
- A feeling of the leg giving out constantly
- Swelling, redness, and warmth over the hip flexor
Overuse, trauma, repetitive or improper movements and/or motion, walking, running, climbing, joint restrictions, improper biomechanics of the hip, low back, or legs. Tight muscles or poor biomechanics can lead to insufficient joint movement and friction to a particular area
If someone is experiencing hip pain, there are a few possible causes. These include:
- Hip Inflammation: Many of the issues related to hip pain have to do with inflammation. Inflammation is the body’s natural response to stress. Hip inflammation can develop as a result of overuse. This leads to pain, tenderness, swelling, and redness over the hip.
- Osteoarthritis: While some causes of hip pain are acute, others are chronic, such as arthritis. Arthritis of the hip is a serious issue. It leads to the loss of cartilage between the bones of the hip. This leads to pain, flexibility, and mobility issues.
- Fractures: Another acute cause of hip pain is a fracture. This can take place as a result of osteoporosis (a chronic condition that leads to bone loss) or in a serious accident, such as a motor vehicle collision. This can lead to a fracture of the posterior wall of the hip.
- Muscle Strains: Finally, some people might suffer a muscle strain. One of the most common locations is the hip flexor. This can happen while playing sports or while walking down the stairs.
These are a few of the most common causes of hip pain. The good news is that there are many treatment options a hip pain doctor can use.
Common Hip Pain Symptoms
Swelling, pain, and tenderness usually occur in the bursa due to some type of physical activity or trauma to the area. Once this bursa becomes inflamed, it can elicit a pain response. The hip bursa can also potentially become infected and lead to more serious injuries and eventually arthritis depending on how much stress is placed on the region.
Hip Pain Relief and Treatment Options
Sometimes, those who are looking for hip pain treatment might be told by a hip pain doctor that they are going to need surgery. This isn’t always the case. A chiropractor in Burbank can take a look at someone’s hip and figure out what the root cause of the injury is. Then, a chiropractor can use adjustments and manipulations to provide hip pain relief to those who need it.
With corrective exercises, physical therapy, massage therapy, and appropriate activity management, those who suffer from hip pain can not only find relief but also prevent the injury from returning in the future. Those who work with a chiropractic hip pain doctor should know that the goal is to treat the root cause without creating any unnecessary complications or side effects. With appropriate care, future hip injuries can be prevented.
Rest, ice, therapeutic ultrasound, myofascial release, and stretching can all help alleviate the pain caused by hip bursitis. Releasing tension from the hip can help decrease inflammation, improve circulation, and decrease pressure on the joint so that it can function as it should.
Rehab: Strengthening, mobilization, and stabilization will all help support the hip region, flush out any type of inflammation, and improve the proper function of the joint.
Visit Our Chiropractic Office in Burbank
Here at Allied Pain & Wellness in Burbank, our chiropractors are specifically trained to treat acute and chronic hip pain caused by a range of conditions and injuries. Whether you’ve experienced an injury recently, or a painful condition like hip bursitis, we can help. Chiropractor, Doctor Simian, has provided treatment for Hip Bursitis for many years throughout Burbank. If you are concerned that you may be experiencing issues such as this, please call our Burbank office and see if our chiropractor can help. (818) 514-7294