Knee Pain Treatment in Burbank
Pain is one of the most common reasons why people visit the doctor. One of the most common locations in which people might experience discomfort is the knee. There are a handful of common causes of knee pain. Some people might have chronic knee pain that stems from arthritis. Others might experience a knee injury while playing sports such as basketball or soccer. Still, more might suffer a serious knee injury in a motor vehicle collision. When someone suffers a knee injury, it is important to understand the common symptoms and various treatment options.
The Common Symptoms of Knee Pain
Knee pain can be indicative of a variety of injuries. Depending on the exact nature of the injury, the symptoms can vary from person to person. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Trouble with the stability of the knee or feeling like the knee is giving out
- Pain and discomfort that gets worse with movement or use
- Possible swelling following a popping sensation
- Redness and warmth at the site of the injury
- Significant bruising in and around the knee
These are only a few of the common symptoms that people might experience following a knee injury. The exact presentation will vary from injury to injury.
An Overview of Different Ligament Tears
One of the most common acute knee injuries is a fear of one or more ligaments. Each ligament tear will present differently. Some of the most common ligament tears include:
- A tear of the ACL is perhaps the most common. This tear frequently occurs following a blow to the knee while changing direction. An ACL year will lead to instability in the knee in the forward direction.
- A PCL tear is the reverse of an ACL tear in a lot of ways. A tear of the PCL often occurs when someone strikes their knee on the dashboard. This causes knee instability in the backward direction.
- Another common tear involves the meniscus. This is the cushion between the bones of the knee. This causes pain when jumping or taking the stairs.
Knee Pain Treatment Programs
The treatment of a knee injury required a well-rounded approach. A trained chiropractor will discuss important nutritional concerns related to knee injury recovery. He or she will also discuss important corrective exercises and physical therapy programs that can strengthen the knee, preventing injuries from happening in the future. A caring knee pain doctor may also perform adjustments or manipulations of the knee joint to ensure everything is properly lined up, providing knee pain treatment.
Rely on the Chiropractic Team at Allied Pain and Wellness in Burbank
These are only a few of the many important characteristics of knee pain that people should keep in mind. Those who are in need of an experienced knee pain doctor in Burbank should trust the Team at Allied Pain and Wellness. From the first day we opened our doors, we have placed the needs of our loyal patients ahead of our own.
Dr. Simian will work hard to tailor each and every treatment plan to the needs of the individual patient. We will work hard to come up with a well-rounded treatment plan that will work for you. Regardless of whether your knee pain is from a car accident, sports injury, or a chronic disease, we are here to work with you.
To learn more about how we can help you, please contact us by calling (818) 960-6978 to schedule an appointment. We have helped countless families in the Burbank area and we would be honored to do the same for you and your loved ones.